Saturday, May 28, 2016

Project Catch Up

Time to post some of the ongoing projects.

We had a great run of cold clear nights in Jan - March which gave us some time to capture a few nice images.

Lynx Galaxy Field - 2016-Feb 27th -- 118 minutes total exposure time


Center (RA, Dec)L (107.635, 50.124) Over thirteen galaxies are very easy to spot (anything blurry), but close examine reveals a total more than sixty. Many are on edge, others barred, some blue, white, and yellow.

M81 - 2016-April - May -- 284 minutes total exposure
 
Taken over 4 weeks, this is M81 in Ursa Major. Next year I'd like to add another 400 minutes of exposure. Even at that shorter time the detail is the arms is pretty good.

M33 -2015 January 6th - 117 minutes total exposure

 A fairly short exposure of M33 I did at the end of the night as a test before closing up. It lacks a lot of color and definition, but I thought it was a good quick image. It is a massive galaxy and I was most interested to see it's size on my SX-HV35.

Orion Mosaic - Feb - March 2016 - 298 minutes total exposure



Over 7 nights I took three separate images of NGC 2034, NGC 2024, and IC 432 all around the most eastern star in Orion's belt.. These were processed in PixInsight to create a mosaic of the three images, seamlessly adding them together to create one image. Because of the bright star in the area (Alnitak) I did get some lenses flares from my optical system. Even with that, I do like the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment